Thursday, August 03, 2006

my phone is on...someone text me!!!!

I've nearly been suffering withdrawals from not doing this blog! hope you've all had something else to do while I've been slack. I must thank Flea for her very perceptive take on the whole cops on horses phenomenon. Make sense.
So what have I been doing? Certainly not sitting on my laurels. I went to a recruitment agency and had an appointment with Harvir, my lovely helper getting me jobs!! She is putting me forward for library and admin roles. I had to take these computer tests, sitting at a PC with head phones on and complete tasks on word, excel and typing. I was freaking out the night before this cause I have used excel for years and it's all to do with numbers and equations and stuff, very frightening. But no fear!! I did awesome - 80% in word, 69.9% in excel and my typing speed in 51wpm with 95% accuracy. She said I'll get an admin role easy. I'm glad to know that 3 years uni has provided me with the skills to file and type letters. Without the degree, I'd obviously be unemployable!
Have also looked at two flats. One was all the way out in zone 4, which is bloody miles from anything, and tooks forever to get to from Crystal and Nathans. The house was really nice, and in the garden they have a 9 hole mini-putt course! But the people, aussie and kiwi, were kind of unfriendly. So when they rang today to offer me the room, I was not all that keen. Plus, it was the first place I looked at and I needed something else to compare. So I went to another tonight that was much closer, in Acton which is west and full of aussies and kiwis I hear. This place was all aus girls, and while the house was much untidier and in more general disrepair the vibe was cool and the place was interesting. It has 7 girls living there, I'd be sharing a room with this girl Bre, which mum will probably read this and freak - it'll be okay, people do it all the time, and it makes it way cheaper. So FINGERS CROSSED that I get this place or another cause I turned down the first place. But that's good - first place wants me, I must be a kick ass first impression, even ginger haired.
Today I went to the play!!! Yay! It was very exciting. It was at the Apollo theatre, and I had an alright seat I only paid half price so I was happy. When the lights went down, and everyone was waiting for the curtain to rise, I had that awesome anticipation feeling, like being 6 and finding santas presents on christmas morning. I would love to be an actor, just for that buzz. Juliette Lewis, well, I had at first issues looking at her without wanting to laugh mainly because she was so good in that movie The Other Sister, in which she played a handicap. She is not a handicap in this play. Martin Henderson was horrifically charismatic and sexy. He had a massive Sawyer from Lost thing going on. He was wearing double denim for the role- excellent! Also reminded me a little of a younger Woody Harrelson. Maybe it was just the accent, and the longish hair. Fun though. A great play to take a novice drama person to as it was short at just 90 mins and only one act. Both did a great job, moving, involved and committed acting. 4 stars.

Here's a picture of me sitting on some deck chairs in Hyde Park. It costs like 2pound to sit there for four hours. I didn't pay, cause I just wanted a photo plus it wasn't sunny that day really and why sit there in the cloudy weather?








And these houses are cool. The doors below which are now usually garages etc were once the stables. The little balcony thing above was where the man would lean down with hay on sticks or something to feed the ponies. Funny eh! some of these houses had been done up but these ones here with the black doors looked really old. COOOOOOOL.

In Covent Garden Markets these people were playing music. Three violins and a cello. It was really cool. I wanted to get a photo of all the people and markets around but that was mission impossible. I nearly, nearly, offered to play violin with them, but then when I remembered that I only owned a violin for four years and that I didn't play it I decided against it.






This guy with the loud speaker was hilarious. He is standing right outside Oxford Circus tube station, at like 6pm when it's crazy busy after work, talking about God etc trying to hand out pamphlets to people. Very funny. He had a really monotonous voice, just dah dah dah dah and had little pieces of paper with scripture details that he was trying to hand out to people, so they could go home, find that gift from Gideons and read up about his rant. It was, I suppose, better than all these people like diabetes awareness et al who accost you in the street and try to compliment you into talking to them. I am getting better at not talking to them. It's just so hard to be mean!!! Some people will know about the time greenpeace got to me outside riccarton mall one day, and I felt bad enough to sign up to a direct debit thing with them! Thankfully this was when I still had a junior saver account with TSB so it couldn't be set up, apparently little kids accounts don't let you have automatic payments!! Although I'm getting better - an amnesty international person got the brunt of it from me. I like amnesty international, I like how they trying to help people before animals, and the sea. But man, don't try to suck money from me. So when this guy was angry-ish that I wouldn't talk to him and asked me "But what about all these people?" I was able to say back "they probably deserve it". that shut him up. And this comment probably reveals what you've all known about me for a long time - that I don't care, never will, and all those women in Nigeria can continue to get stoned for sex before marriage. JOKES!!!

I managed to find a quiet little cemetery today to have a sit down in and eat some lollies. I don't know why, but I quite like cemeteries. It's odd, but I kind of like the way they can seem eerily calming with the sunlight dappling through the trees. Also here was this church. This is what is cool - this church is awesome. There are so many cool buildings here and they are just the ordinary ones to everyone. This church is just the one in the Acton cemetery, who cares say the Londoners. Well, this church and the cemetery are just examples of the little grains of golden beauty hidden within the grey sand that is London. I luckily like to pan for gold.














Thanks to everyone for the support for the new hairdo. Drastic, I know, and I'm dreading the regrowth! Luckily, I can redye dark again then! I miss everyone terribly. I desparately wish I had more friends cause I don't get any text messages and seriously I miss my phone going ding ding ding over and over again. But soon, I shall have friends! O did I mention my wee trip next week? Je vais a Paris!! Je suis tres excite, finalement je pourrai parler le français en France! Aussi, je voudrais boire un cafe au lait et mange un croissant a un cafe francais! A bientot!

2 Comments:

At 2:57 AM , Blogger timbo said...

missive excellentissime!

 
At 2:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll text you if you say your number!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home