Sunday, July 16, 2006

in the summertime


Aside from sunstroke, food poisoning, melanoma, and higher incidences of drowning, people in London now have another worry to add to their summertime blues: an advancing army of killer wasps. As ominous as this sounds, I haven't started gathering supplies for a kit in case I'm stranded inside while a plague of killer wasps take over the city. Call me cynical, but after my fears of death from bird flu were proven ill-conceived, it will take a lot more for me to be frightened. O yes, a whole lot more.

Weekend nearly over, it's getting near Sunday eve and I'm hot. It's been glorious weather. Today I think about 30deg C, no joking. On the bus, or tube or train, there are still guys in jerseys, jeans, shoes, socks, and BEANIES!!! I'm in mini skirt and singlet and still getting a glow on. What's up with that.
Yesterday Crystal and I went for a swim. We are even stevens now cause although she beat me in the running stakes I can still take her in the pool. Later that day we caught some trains and stuff up to St Albans ( funny, I left St Albans in Chch, not aware that I would visit it's namesake) where a bbq was on for the New Plymouth community that has been formed here in London. The house was bigger and had a massive back yard - with grass, so it truly qualified that name - and lots of people came. The food was nice, and the boys played backyard cricket after we'd all eaten. Nice afternoon and evening was had by all I believe.
Today I have been to the Old Spitalfields Markets. It was fun to find my way there and to wander around. It was quite large markets, lots of clothes and junk, the usual I suppose, I saw loads of cute clothes but they still seemed expensive and I'd only let myself take 20 pounds. I did buy this cute leather and feather earring, you bought one it's the way cool people wear jewellery, the leather is in the shape of a fox. I saw so much stuff that I would buy others though. One stand had jewellery made out of circuit boards from computers. Random! I also bought three photos in frames of stencil graffiti from around London. You might not know my interest in stencils, but I love it and had seen some of this graffiti on the net prior to arriving here. I haven't seen it in person yet, there are by this artist who goes by the name Banksy.
Sweet! Hope you are all well, readers, and living it large. This week you have some exciting things to look forward to, including a visit to the Tate Modern, National Gallery, going to the Pirates of the Carribeanl:dead man's chest, and maybe even a play! Yippee!!

2 Comments:

At 11:02 PM , Blogger timbo said...

Nice post. Market sounds interesting!

 
At 11:53 PM , Blogger timbo said...

Nice post. Market sounds interesting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home