Friday, July 14, 2006

celebrities and snotty noses


left and right: the gardens out front are pretty much all the outdoor space people have; this place utilises it to it's utmost potential - gnomes!! In the photo to the right, one can see Snow White and her seven dwarves.

It's been a busy couple of days. Wednesday I spent the afternoon travelling on public transport to Isabels place. She lives on the 15th floor of a big apartment block near Canary Wharf with three Slovenians. I met her boyfriend, brazilian/australian investment banker Ramon. Everytime I hear/think/say that name I can't help but think of Romy and Michelles high school reunion movie, with Mira Sorvino saying "O Ramone". If you have seen this movie you will know what I"m talking about.
Public transport is not as confusing as previously informed. Didn't get lost, didn't get scared and didn't cry. Someone gave me some bogus information and ended up arriving at destination an hour and 45 mins early. Whoopsi!
Isabel and I had some drinks and dinner at some bar not far from her house. That area is all quite new (someone told me it was extensively bombed in war and now is being rebuilt) and seemed to be the financial district, with stock prices etc being flashed up on a building outside. I shan't ever underestimate the pulling power of legs again - Isabel had on a mini skirt and I swear, men's eyes=moths to a flame! haahaa!!
I stayed the night at her house, wicked, I slept on a futon in the lounge. I couldn't get the wee balcony doors to stay shut so kept getting woken up by sirens all night. The city looked awesome from that view though especially all lit up.
Thursday I was invited to Hill House field day which is a sports demonstration by the school Crystal teaches at. So funny - not really sports at all just 'demonstrations' of skills and leap frog and dancing and swingin tennis rackets and cricket bats. The whole school ran a 100m sprint - the little kids losing shoes and falling over. I laughed so hard all afternoon. Leap frog? WTF? Hilarious. The parents loved it. Mothers in Prada wedge mules and carrying quilted Chanel handbags, fathers in shirts and blazer jackets and sporting floppy hair Hugh Grant would be proud of. Speaking of that devil, he wasn't in attendance, probably for the best as Jemima and Imran Khan kept a very respectful distance without him there. She is my vote for the world's most unnecessarily thin woman. Ridiculous.

Today haven't done much as I'm wallowing in my preciousnes due to sneezing, snotty nose and generally crappy feeling. Just made nachos for late lunch/afternoon tea. Now that's a feed. Did you know they charge you more in a cafe to eat in? Freaking crazy. And there's an orange light before the traffic lights turn green as well here. You can park whichever way on the road that you like, and the buses STOP TO LET YOU CROSS THE ROAD. It's freaking me out man! Too much consideration for this size city. Tell you what though, they are still neanderthals in terms of letting people smoke inside. It's just not cricket brother!!
above: jemima khan
unaware i'm a budding papparrazo

each child has a flag from their home country and are following a teacher at the front. It looked amazing. Click to enlarge these it's worth it.

1 Comments:

At 1:03 AM , Blogger timbo said...

keep up the posting. View over London must have been good at night.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home